The procedures described here are used to provide more information about the data contained in grid files. The topics discussed include volumes and areas.
The Grids | Calculate | Volume command calculates the volume and areas for the surfaces defined by grid files or a grid file and a horizontal plane. The Grids | Calculate | Volume computations contain the following information:
- Net volume between two grid files
- Net volume between a grid file and a horizontal plane
- Cut and fill volumes
- Surface area of a grid file above and below a specified level
- Planar area of a grid above and below a specified level
- volumes inside and outside of 3D polygons.