To convert a grid:
- Click the Grids | Edit | Convert command or the button.
- In the Open Grid dialog, select a grid file and click Open.
- In the Save Grid As dialog, enter a file name in the File name box.
- Select a file format from the Save as type list. Refer to the Save Grid As page for a list of available formats.
- Click the Save button to create the new file.
Grid Convert and .GSR2 Files
When the input .GRD file for a Grids | Edit | Convert command has a defined .GSR2 file with coordinate system information, this information is used for the output file. The Export Options dialog appears with the option to save the coordinate system information. It is recommended to check the GS Reference (Version 2) file if you intend to use the grid file in Surfer, as the GSR2 retains all of the information needed. The grid has the same coordinate system as the original file, but the .GSR2 is required to define the coordinate system.