A 3D wireframe base is the area below the wireframe. The bottom of the base can extend to any Z level. The sides of the base can be highlighted with vertical lines that are extensions of the X and Y lines.
To change the base parameters:
- Click on the wireframe map to select it.
- In the Properties window, click on the General tab.
- Check the Show base box to display the base lines.
- To display vertical base lines, check the Show vertical lines box. Vertical lines are drawn on the face between the base and the surface border. The vertical lines represent the X and Y grid lines extended from the border of the surface to the base.
- To specify base height, enter the value into the Elevation box. The value is in Z data units. The smaller the number entered in the Elevation box, the farther the base begins from the bottom of the wireframe surface, creating a thicker base.
- Specify the line properties for the base in the Line Properties section.
- The wireframe is drawn with the specified base parameters.