Points are markers that use symbols to indicate 2D or 3D point positions. Any TrueType font can be used as a symbol, including several custom fonts provided with Surfer. You can use the Home | Insert | Point , the button, or the Features | Insert | Point command to place symbols in the plot document.
The Symbol Set, Size, Fill color, Fill opacity, and Symbol can be customized in the Symbol Properties section of the Properties window.
To draw a point:
- Click the Home | Insert | Point command.
- The cursor changes to a cross hair cursor to indicate drawing mode.
- Click on a location in the plot window to create a point.
- Press the ESC key or click another tool button to end drawing mode.
- Edit a symbol style, color, and size by clicking on the point in the plot window or in the Contents window.
- Set default symbol properties with the File | Options command. On the Default Properties page, click the Symbol button to set the default symbol properties.
Symbol properties are edited in the Properties window. Click on the symbol in the Contents window or plot window to select it. The properties automatically appear in the Properties window.