A color scale bar is a legend that shows the line color, line style, fill color, and fill pattern assigned to each contour level on a contour map, or the colors assigned to levels in a 3D wireframe. Click on the color scale bar to open the color scale properties in the Properties window. Color scale bars for vector, color relief, and 3D surface map layers are similar, but have slightly different options.
The color scale bar display can be turned on or off in the Contents window by checking or unchecking the box to the left of the color scale bar name.
- Click on a contour map to select it.
- In the Properties window, click on the Levels tab.
- Check the Color scale box to display the color scale bar.
- Check the Fill contours box to fill the contours with color, if desired.
- Click on a wireframe map to select it.
- In the Properties window, click on the Color Zones tab.
- Click the Edit Levels button next to Color zones.
In the Properties dialog, check one or more of the Apply zones to lines of constant boxes.
Check the Color Scale box.
Click OK in the dialog to draw the wireframe with a color scale bar.
A color scale bar can be removed by clicking on the scale bar and pressing the DELETE key on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can clear the Color Scale check box in the Properties window or the Properties dialog.